Roman Glass Jewelry 'Jerusalem Cross' Sterling Silver Earrings
Own a unique piece of Holy Land antiquity - genuine 'Roman Glass Jewelry' set in sterling silver 'Jerusalem Cross' earrings.
Size: 0.8" inches.
Weisght: 3 grams.
Own a unique piece of Holy Land antiquity - genuine 'Roman Glass' set in sterling silver 'Jerusalem Cross' earrings.
Biblical design based on archeological digs made into jewelry on a kibbutz in Israel.
Before the Roman period, glass was made with a sand core mold, and was extremely expensive. But during the Roman period, glass blowing was invented, which changed the entire glass industry. Glass became much more common.
One of the first types of vessels to be made using this new blowing technique is the small elongated bottle that we call the “tear bottle”. The shards used for our jewelry come from these ancient bottles from antiquity.
For the word of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. (1 Corinthians 1:18)
All Roman glass jewelry shipped to you direct from the Holy Land.
You are welcome to visit us at 24 Christian Quarter Road in the Old City of Jerusalem, Israel.
- A Look at Roman Glass Tear Bottles from the First Century
- What is Roman Glass Jewelry?
- What does the 'Jerusalem Cross' mean?
- The Draw to Jerusalem
- Jerusalem: A walk through history
- Jesus in the 7 Biblical Feasts: Yom Kippur
- The Jerusalem Cross
- The Jerusalem Cross Necklace
- Online shopping from Jerusalem is always a blessing
- Why buy Crosses from Jerusalem?